9.23.17 – Senior Manager, Research and Learning
Monash University, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Sarah P’s comments: Monash U. is a branch of this Australian University with eight campuses: six in Australia, one in Malaysia, one in South Africa, and a centre in Prato, Italy. They appear to be growing and posted two positions in 2015 and one in 2016 however I recommend reading the Glassdoor Reviews before deciding to apply.
Monash University Malaysia is seeking an appropriately qualified and experienced professional for the position of Senior Manager, Research and Learning in the Library and Learning Commons Unit. The incumbent will lead a team of professional librarians, learning skills advisers and technical experts, who work closely with the schools to meet their various teaching and research needs. S/he will provide leadership in all areas of research and learning skills, including planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of quality and innovative services, programs and resources to advance the strategic objectives of the Library and Learning Commons. For further information see: http://careersmanager.pageuppeople.com/513/cw/en/job/567870/senior-manager-research-and-learning
Key Selection Criteria
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant area, e.g. librarianship, education, instructional design, with relevant professional experience in a university environment.
Alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
2. University degree in a subject discipline relevant to Monash University’s Malaysia’s Schools will be an asset, though it is not a requirement.
3. Demonstrated experience in the planning and delivery of quality information literacy, information research and/or learning skills programs.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate diverse staff in the context of a rapidly changing environment,
5. Experience in the design and implementation of blended and e-learning programs and resources.
6. Good understanding of the prevalent and emerging pedagogical methods in higher education.
7. Excellent problem solving, negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Demonstrated organisational and project management skills, including the ability to plan and implement new initiatives.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
Closing Date: Sunday, 15th October 2017.