10.28.16 – Program Manager
LYRASIS, Atlanta, GA, USA
Sarah P’s comments: An interesting position in a fairly new company. Some growing pains but good reviews overall. At it is US-based, I am assuming they are hiring Americans however if you have the qualifications, I would inquire as they might be interested if you can help grow their services overseas.
The position is part of a geographically and institutionally distributed team, and, as such, applications from candidates interested in telecommuting are welcome.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Program Manager Department: CSCSS
Reports to: Director, Collections Services and Community Supported Software
LYRASIS is seeking a dynamic Program Manager for ArchivesSpace, an open-source, archives information management web application designed for managing descriptive information about archives, manuscripts, and digital objects (http://www.archivesspace.org/)
The Program Manager plays a key role working with the community to set the strategy and
goals for ArchivesSpace. The Program Manager is central to the success of the program,
and works closely and collaboratively with the ArchivesSpace community, advisory groups
and Board to ensure success. The Program Manager will be involved in all aspects of the
program, and be a key spokesperson and advocate for the program.
The ArchivesSpace application was first released in September 2013, and it is sustained by
an active member community of over 300 organizations. Community collaboration and
member contributions to all facets of ArchivesSpace—development, code review, migration support, technical and user documentation—are key to the advancement of both the ArchivesSpace application and member community. The Program Manager will lead the community in accomplishing its goals by fulfilling the following responsibilities:
• Provide strategic vision and program leadership
• Work closely with the ArchivesSpace community to articulate a strategic vision for ArchivesSpace, conveying its value and impact.
• Working with the governance board and community input, set vision for the
program and establish the long-term development roadmap.
• Guide the ArchivesSpace community in the achievement of near-term and long-term
• Seek out and engage in collaborations and partnerships that will leverage resources
and expertise for the advancement of ArchivesSpace
• Lead successful operations and ensure application meets the needs of stakeholders
• Lead a dynamic and effective core team, augmented by contributors and volunteers
from consulting agencies and/or member institutions.
• Work with stakeholders, committees, and staff to ensure timely implementation of
projects and services.
• Provide regular status reports to the stakeholders.
• Work together with technical lead to oversee key project processes such as
gathering requirements, setting work priorities, coordinating user acceptance
testing, and coordinating efforts to produce documentation
• Work with the community to develop technical specifications and grant proposals.
• Articulate non-technical needs to technical stakeholders; articulates software
functionality to non-technical audiences.
• Manages ArchivesSpace related projects as necessary
Liaise with and guide the ArchivesSpace community
• Helps recruit and cultivate new members and contributors
• Serve as the strategic liaison with advisory councils, service providers, and other
• Work with governance groups, providing timely information to groups to enable
discussion and decision-making.
• Work with advisory councils, creating and supporting new community groups as
• Represent and promote ArchivesSpace to the wider community
• Actively promote ArchivesSpace and the wider cause of archival collections
management to the international community and other key stakeholders.
• Serve as an effective spokesperson for the program through outreach, public
speaking, and advocacy.
• Initiate outreach to institutions, government organizations, sponsors, funding
agencies, and others throughout the world
• Work with Community Outreach Manager to develop effective marketing strategies
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
• Graduate degree, preferably MLIS/public history with emphasis on archives
• 5 years or more of progressively responsible experience in information management
• Experience in leading and coordinating efforts and building consensus across a
diverse group of perspectives
• Archival domain experience
• Familiarity with archival arrangement and description including archives standards
such as ISAD[G], DACS, EAD, EAC-CPF, MARC, MODS, Dublin Core and METS
• Strong ability to think and act strategically, and demonstrated success at bringing
concepts to realization
• Experience working with technology project teams; ability to communicate
effectively with technical and non-technical staff
• Excellent program management skills and demonstrated success with managing
teams working in disparate locations
• Ability to communicate effectively both in person and virtually using a variety of
media and technologies
• Familiarity with software development processes, particularly agile
• Strong time and project management skills
• Willing to travel to conferences and meetings
• Experience in open source and community supported software
• Knowledge of and experience with archival management systems such as
ArchivesSpace, Archivists’ Toolkit, or Archon