8.8.17 – Senior Digital Archivist
Information and Knowledge Services, National Library, Wellington, New Zealand
Hours: Full time
Business Group: National Library
Branch: Information and Knowledge Services
Salary: $70,661 – $95,600
Are you passionate about supporting the researcher of the future?
Are you experienced in collecting, storing and providing access to born-digital content?
Do you have a track record of exploring and innovating with digital collecting tools and technologies?
Our work is all about collecting, storing and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand. In the Digital Collections Services Team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders by helping to manage contemporary born-digital collections for the future.
The Senior Digital Archivist is a significant role that supports and improves the Library’s efforts to collect and manage the born digital documentary heritage and that is important to research in New Zealand.
In this role, you will act as subject matter expert for the systems and processes used to acquire and manage born digital collections. You’ll lead efforts to assess, test, and improve workflows, processes, access, and use of born digital collections. You will also manage the work of the Digital Archivist, perform ingest and technical appraisal, and lead or coordinate efforts to resolve complex born digital ingests. You will work collaboratively with the curatorial, arrangement and description, and digital preservation teams within the Library on issues relating to born digital collecting, preservation and access.
To succeed in this role you will need to have:
- Post graduate qualification in the field of library and information science, archival studies, or related field or demonstrated relevant experience
- Strong command of archival theory and practices
- At least 5 years’ experience in a research library, archive, or cultural heritage organization
- Experience processing and working with analogue and born digital or electronic archives and records
For this role you will be:
- An excellent communicator and influencer, with the ability to work independently, as a team member, and across organisational boundaries
- A problem solver and critical thinker
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you!
Applications close: 5PM Thursday 31 August 2017
For more information please contact: Jessica Moran on 04 460 2862 or email@example.com
Job description: To review the full job description, please click here, if you are unable to open this link, please visit our careers website to veiw the full job description.