4/10/15 – IRRT International Leads Editor
ALA, USA (online/remote)
Sarah P’s comments: Join ALA and IRRT (International Relations Round Table) and apply to be the editor. Could gain valuable experience in international librarianship as well as contacts with like-minded librarians…
Applications are due by May 31, 2015.
International Relations Round Table (IRRT) International Leads Editor Volunteer. Position available beginning after the 2015 ALA Annual Conference in San Francisco.
Do you want to play a significant role in promoting international librarianship and the activities of the International Relations Round Table? You can do so by volunteering to serve a two-year term as the editor of IRRT’s official publication International Leads (IL).
IL Editor Description:
The Editor of International Leads is responsible for the official organ of the International Relations Round Table, in conjunction with the IRRT Publications Committee and the IRRT Executive Board.
The purpose of IL is to disseminate information about international librarianship and the activities of the Round Table. IL seeks to support Round Table and Association objectives by bringing IRRT’s member news and articles that help them understand and react to recent developments in international librarianship.
Because IL is the official publication of the IRRT, the editor has a particular responsibility to convey to IRRT members and other readers full and accurate information on the activities, purpose and goals of the Round Table. Previous issues are available on the IRRT website at: http://www.ala.org/irrt/intlleads/internationalleads
IL is published quarterly, edited by a member volunteer and uploaded to the IRRT website by the IRRT Webmaster.
The IL Editor will serve a two-year term, renewable once. The term begins at the end of the 2015 ALA Annual Conference in and runs for two calendar (volume) years.
- Coordinate International Leads working with the IRRT Publications Committee and the IRRT Executive Board.
- Have responsibility for the content, form and design of IL within the parameters of ALA and IRRT policies and in consultation with the IRRT Publications Committee, the IRRT Executive Board, the ALA International Relations Office (IRO).
- Seek manuscripts and encourage the submission of high-quality articles.
- Review all submitted manuscripts in light of the philosophy, purpose, and general style of the publication. Correspond with authors regarding acceptable, rewriting and resubmission, or rejection of articles.
- Edit and proof manuscript copy.
- Assume final authority for all content in each issue of IL.
- Serve as a non-voting, ex-officio member of the IRRT Publications Committee and the IRRT Executive Board.
- Experience in publishing and/or journalism, either in editing or writing, sufficient to be able to produce a high-quality publication that addresses interests of the readership.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience in or demonstrated knowledge of international librarianship.
- Membership in the International Relations Round Table.
- Attendance at both the ALA Midwinter Conference and the ALA Annual Conference is required.
IRRT Publications Committee
IRRT Executive Board
To make inquiries or to apply for the position, please contact Dr. Elizabeth Cramer, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a brief statement about your interest in the position and a description of your skills and background relevant to the position. Please include a current resume or CV. Applications are due by May 31, 2015 for review. Applications in electronic format by email are preferable.