10.26.16 – Andrew W. Mellon fellowship in Paper Conservation
Museo de Arte de Ponce, Ponce, Puerto Rico
Sarah P’s comments: I assume this position is for librarians who have the right to work in North America however you can write to check if interested.
Under general supervision by Paper Conservator, the Fellow Conservator will assist all duties related to the performance of preventive conservation treatments, the item-by-item condition reports and the substitution of storage conservation materials of the permanent paper collection. The successful candidate will also assist with the day-to-day conservation tasks, preservation education and exhibition-related projects.
Duration of Fellowship
The Museo de Arte de Ponce offers a two-and-a-half year fellowship, from the 17th of January 2017 to the 14th of June 2019.
Stipend and Allowance
The Fellow will receive a stipend of $32,000 a year (plus Health Care, Social Security and 15-day vacation), with an additional $2,000 allowance for travel.
- Bachelor Degree in science or arts.
- Master’s Degree in Art Conservation, specialized in Paper Conservation from a recognized institution.
- Intern experience in paper conservation in museum environment.
- Good communication skills and willing to work enthusiastically with colleagues.
- Ability to work in a wide range of conservation activities.
- Flexibility to adjust to unplanned changes.
Applicants must submit a cover letter summarizing their interest, a resume and the three (3) references to: Mariela Vera, Human Resources and Volunteer Coordinator, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please combine the cover letter, resume and references into one document. Deadline to apply is November 20, 2016, at 11:59 pm EST.