3.29.17 – Executive Director
LIBER, The Hague, Netherlands
Do you want to play a key role in setting the European research library agenda?
LIBER (the Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche/Association of European Research Libraries) represents over 400 member institutions and organisations from more than 40 countries and is the principal association of European research libraries.
LIBER has an exciting agenda for the future. Its current strategic goals are in the areas of scholarly communication, development of research infrastructures, support for research libraries in a rapidly changing environment, library management, and the development of an increasing range of services and facilities for the European researcher.
LIBER wishes to recruit a full-time Executive Director to drive forward its goals and future development. This challenging and rewarding role offers:
- a unique opportunity to work with research libraries and European library organisations in forging closer co-operation at a pan-European level;
- a position at the forefront of research library developments in Europe, with scope to influence and contribute to these developments;
- extensive scope for project management in successfully delivering LIBER projects and activities;
- active involvement in advancing co-operation with research library organisations in North America and other continents.
- The post of Executive Director is based in The Hague, in the National Library of the Netherlands, one of Europe’s leading national libraries. The salary will be on Scale 12/13: minimum €4,219.00 to maximum €5,883.00 gross per month full-time, plus a vacation allowance of 8%, and a December allowance of 8.33%.
LIBER plans to fill the post of Executive Director from the latter part of August 2017. The closing date for applications is the end of Friday 21 April 2017. For more information, and to download an application form, please see: http://libereurope.eu/blog/2017/03/10/new-executive-director
LIBER’s 2017 Annual Conference will be held 5-7 July in Patras, Greece.See the website for more details. For more LIBER news, Follow@libereurope on Twitter or see our website.
Communications Officer, LIBER Europe
+31 (0)70 314 0121
11.17.16 – Library Director
Barenboim-Said Akademie, Berlin, Germany
The Library Director is responsible for building and overseeing the Library and Music Archives at the Barenboim-Said Akademie. This individual will oversee the cataloging, access, and use of collections, and work closely with students and faculty at the Barenboim-Said Akademie.
The Library Director reports to the Dean of the Barenboim-Said Akademie.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and accustomed to working in a dynamic,
multicultural environment. Must be goal-oriented and a team player, and exhibit cultural
sensitivity and discretion.
The Barenboim-Said Akademie’s main language is English. For more information on the Barenboim-Said Akademie, please go to: http://barenboimsaid.com.
- Build and develop a library at the Barenboim-Said Akademie in coordination with the Dean and the Director of Humanities.
- Introduce and maintain a management, loaning and access system for the Barenboim-Said Akademie, maintaining access to faculty, students, and staff.
- Maintain ties with Berlin library music collections at other Musikhochschulin and at the Staatsbibliothek.
- Represent the Barenboim-Said Akademie in all matters pertaining to its library collection. Assist with representation of the Barenboim-Said Akademie in matters pertaining to reference and research.
- Oversee public and reference services including library policies and procedures, circulation, loan, and reserve functions.
- Maintain subscriptions to academic journals, score collections for the Barenboim-Said Akademie and the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra, and sound collections.
- Coordinate on-campus library related events, such as orientation library tours, library and reference resources for open days, etc.
- Manage and oversee library computer lab.
- Hire and manage staff of student workers and interns, with approval from the Dean.
- Provide assistance, as needed, with the Barenboim-Said Akademie’s Preparatory Program.
- Provide assistance, as needed, with the Barenboim-Said Akademie’s Orientation Program for new students.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- University undergraduate degree required, with preference given to those holding a degree in music; graduate degree in Library Science desired.
- Familiarity with a Musikhochschule, music conservatory, or university school of music is essential, as well as being conversant and knowledgeable about music as an academic and performance- related higher education field.
- At least two (2) years of higher-education administrative responsibility in a music library required; four (4) years desired.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, an ability to problem solve, and a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Fluent English, with excellent knowledge of oral and written German; reading knowledge of French or Italian required. Additional languages—especially Arabic, Hebrew, Turkish, and/or Farsi—desired.
- Experience with library management software.
- High level of proficiency with technology, social media, and office productivity tools.
- Capacity and desire to learn and upgrade a variety of computer software skills.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills in English and German.
- Must be able to handle a demanding work schedule, and have a demonstrated ability to work in an environment that celebrates cultural and ethnic diversity.
Compensation is in line with the federal payscale for similar positions at German public
universities (TVöD-Bund, EG 09B). The position is due to begin as soon as possible.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000342212-01#sthash.6WX4fvCe.dpuf