10.29.17 – Virtual Researcher
LibSource, LAC Group, USA
LibSource, an LAC Group company, seeks an experiencedVirtual Researcher for a large chemical/oil company specializing in patents, business/competitive intelligence, oil and gas, chemical, biology, etc. This is an ongoing position, working 120 hours per month, and can work virtually from any US location.
- Independently conducts retrospective literature and patent searches on technical and business topics for the research and development staff.
- Produces and distributes regular alerting bulletins covering technical subjects of recurring interest to the company – especially in the areas of hydrocarbon processing, petrochemicals and biofuels.
- Monitors new developments and commercial activities of competitor companies in key emerging technologies.
- Provides analysis of above search/monitoring results to create periodic reports, including graphical representations and summary conclusions.
- Interacts with senior staff in Group Technology and other business units to help assess information needs and suggest projects or services where LIS Technology Intelligence can best meet those needs.
- Presents research results and graphical analysis to staff, e.g., via Skype.
- Works with other team members to implement and sustain information services, including those linked to the LIS website and delivered via SharePoint.
- Two years of experience in technical information research and/or analysis. Experience/knowledge of the petroleum industry is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry or closely related science.
- Experience with databases/search services including: STN Express, Chemical Abstracts, Derwent World Patents Index, Compendex, EnCompLit, EnCompPat, Dow-Jones Factiva, Elsevier Scopus and MineSoft PatBase.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/rf2eXc
LibGig – LAC Group