8.8.17 – K-12 Librarian
Tsinghua International School, Beijing, China
Sarah P’s comments: A late opening. The school, though young, has positive reviews.
|Date Posted/Updated||05 August 2017|
|Apply By Date||15 August 2017|
|Job Start Date||21 August 2017|
|Position Description||Librarian who will handle the Grade 1-12 library. Will have an experienced assistant. Will also teach research to Grade 6 and Grade 9 students. Request complete job description from Wendy Wang firstname.lastname@example.org|
$36,000-$55,500 Salary is based on years of teaching experience and increases 5% each year.
– Airline ticket to Beijing and home again at the end of the school year.
– Housing stipend
– CIGNA health insurance. School pays $3086 of the cost and 70% of the cost over $3086
– Provides a settling in amount of $1500
Some benefits apply to dependents.
NOTE: Amounts quoted fluctuate based on currency valuations. Salary and benefits paid in Chinese RMB.
– At least a Bachelor’s Degree in the listed subject area – Library Science
– Teacher certification School Library/Resource Room
– Native English speaker
– Clean criminal background check
– Two years experience as a school librarian with a Bachelor’s Degree or 0 years with a Master’s
Degree in Library Science
– North American teacher for this position.
Through SKYPE unless the candidate is in Beijing and then the interview will be in person at Tsinghua International School.