7.12.17 – Research Librarian
Schwarzman College Library, Beijing, China
Sarah P’s comments: Click for info about Schwarzman Scholars , and note they are requesting fluency in both English and Chinese.
Duties and Responsibility
- Responsible for the daily operations of Schwarzman College Library, including book procurement, cataloging, inventory management etc;
- Assist students and researchers with information requests and analyze those requests to determine which materials will best meet researcher’s needs.
- Act as a library information consultant, manage book lending, track overdue book materials, log and process loss of materials;
- Manage the library database;
- Assist in book and materials acquisition for the library
- Assist students and researchers in accessing and using Tsinghua University’s database and online research resources
- Manage a team of student librarians, including overseeing work schedules and supervising workers.
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in library science;
- Full Fluency in both Chinese and English;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- An ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time and implement projects independently;
- Adept at using computers, doing online research, and creating and maintaining electronic databases.
- Knowledge of university level online library resource systems preferred
- Previous experience in library operations required;
- Experience working in an academic environment is highly preferred;
- Experience living abroad or interacting with native English speakers in a professional context is highly preferred;
- Candidates should be flexible, detailed oriented, and have a strong sense of responsibility.
Please write in the subject line: Applying for Research Librarian