5.8.17 – K-12 Librarian
Tshinghua International School, Beijing, China
Sarah P’s comments: I’m usually leery of China school library jobs because there have been so many slightly shady start-ups in the past few years. However, this school, according to International School Reviews, has an overall good rating although please read the reviews carefully as there is a lot of good information provided which can help you make a choice whether you should apply. This is a late posting so there is a stronger chance of your being offered a job if you are new to international work or still working on your school library certification. Note: pay is local currency, check exchange rate.
Tsinghua International School is a non-profit, WASC accredited, Grade 1-12 school located on the campus of Tsinghua University in the Haidian District of Beijing, China. The school utilizes a progressive/inquiry approach to the American based curriculum wth a Chinese cultural influence.
Age Restrictions: Yes – 60
• Degree in appropriate content area or elementary as appropriate
• Teaching certification in appropriate content area
• Two years teaching experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 0 years with a Master’s • Degree in the content area to be taught.
• Native or near native speaker of English
$36,000-$55,500 Salary is based on years of teaching experience and increases 5% each year.
– Airline ticket to Beijing and home again at the end of the school year.
– Housing stipend
– CIGNA health insurance. School pays $3086 of the cost and 70% of the cost over $3086
– Provides a settling in amount of $1500
– Some benefits apply to dependents.
NOTE: Amounts quoted fluctuate based on currency valuations. Salary and benefits paid in Chinese RMB.
Send inquiries and resumes to Maxine Klimasasa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Through SKYPE unless the candidate is in Beijing and then the interview will be in person at Tsinghua International School.