4.13.17 – Adjunct Instructor, Library Media (part-time)
Southern Utah University, Cedar City, Utah
Sarah P’s comments: Another virtual posting from someone new. There are a few reviews but nothing which specifically addresses how they are to work for in the online environment.
Southern Utah University invites applications for Adjunct Instructor, Library Media. This is a part-time, adjunct position to start 8/16/2017. Salary is the current rate as determined by President’s Council.
The Sherratt Library is seeking qualified individuals to teach sections of their LM 1010 Information Literacy course. This course is a basic introduction to information literacy skills and is taught online.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teaches assigned sections of LM 1010 Information Literacy, delivered online only through a Canvas LMS instance, including making individualized assessments and submitting final grades; interacting with students.
2. Participates in meetings and training regarding LM 1010 courses, teaching methods, learning standards, and outcomes.
3. Works collegially with other instructional faculty and staff.
1. MLS from an ALA-accredited library school or foreign equivalent, or demonstrably successful experience with information literacy-related instruction to undergraduate-age students in a collegiate setting.
2. Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks asynchronously in an academic environment.
3. Flexibility and interpersonal abilities of a nature to work successfully with a wide variety of students and library administration.
4. Ability to work independently and collegially with commitment to quality, engaged service.
5. Demonstrably effective communications skills with students and colleagues.
6. Commitment to effective teaching that supports student learning.
1. Experience or commitment to teaching at the college level (online and/or face-to-face).
2. Working knowledge of the library catalogs, databases, search strategies, Boolean searching, keyword selection, and search delimiters.
3. Understanding of college-level information literacy skills and the library research process.
4. Familiarity with online learning best practices. Experience with the Instructure Canvas Learning Management System.
Individuals are asked to attach, electronically, the following required documents: a cover letter, resume/CV, unofficial transcripts, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references.
This position is open until filled. If you have questions or problems with the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 435-865-8572. Southern Utah University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Southern Utah University