4.11.17 – Systems Librarian/Support Analyst
Innovative Interfaces, Dublin, Ireland
Innovative Interfaces creates cutting-edge products that allow libraries to succeed in a modern technology environment and the freedom to implement solutions that best meet their specific needs. An established company with a vision for the future, Innovative connects with thousands of libraries of all types in over 66 countries.
The Systems Librarian/Support Analyst provides domain expertise for Innovative’s support organization and offers necessary phone and Email support for the broad range of issues reported by our customers. A Systems Librarian develops expert knowledge of Innovative software and is expected to deliver high-quality support in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This position will be located in our Dublin, Ireland Office.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide extensive telephone and email support for customers using Innovative software on large multi-user UNIX systems
- Use UNIX, SQL, and propriety utilities to analyze, troubleshoot, document, and resolve application issues reported by customers
- Work with customers with varying levels of technical expertise to effectively pursue and resolve issues in an expedient manner
- Engage with team members throughout the day via chat group and other communication methods to isolate answers to complex troubleshooting problems.
- Develop strong working relationships across Support and other departments at Innovative
- Contributes to the support knowledge base / procedures as necessary.
- MLS or other relevant degree and/or a minimum of one year of library experience in circulation, technical services, or system administration
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology independently and to adapt quickly to changing technologies
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to following through until customer issues are fully resolved
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently while supporting the efforts of our Domestic and Global support teams
- Experience working with Innovative’s Millennium or Sierra systems
- Experience working within a UNIX environment
- Experience working with web applications, scripting languages, network technologies, and/or relational databases
Anita Reynolds, HR Relationship Manager
9th Floor Block A
Georges Quay Plaza
Georges Quay Dublin 2