4.11.17 – Lower School Librarian
Zurich International School, Switzerland
Sarah P’s comments: Another position in Switzerland with overall good reviews though it is noted that the cost of living is high.
The Zurich International School is an independent day school in the Greater Zurich Area. We offer a well rounded curriculum in English to approx. 1500
students from all over the world, aged 3 to 18 years.
Applicants must have at least 2-3 years of previous experience in a pertinent
subject area/discipline, preferably at an international school. Teaching
certification is required for all positions.
Applicants must furnish evidence of:
- Teaching license including specialism
- BA / BSC or equivalent university degree
- Integration of technology into curriculum
- Leads and organizes the work of other library
staff and/or student volunteers;
- develops and implements an effective plan for providing an information
literacy program and a collection of resources which promotes the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of the school, and meets curriculum
- assists students in identifying, locating, and interpreting information
required for research purposes
- offers teachers assistance in using information resources and
incorporating information literacy skills in the classroom curriculum
- encourages independent reading by students by providing library
materials appropriate to a variety of student interests, ability levels, and
Please forward application online on: www.zis.ch