Direct, plan and organize centralized library systems and resource activities to support the instructional and learning service needs of students and faculty, while ensuring high quality learning and maintenance of accreditation standards. Maintain and build the online library collection and work with Dirs. of Library Services on ground to ensure student needs are being met. Create and prove support and resources in order to engage students and increase student learning in the community within the ground and Virtual Campuses. Create and promote a collaborative learning environment that actively encourages faculty and students to interact with and utilize available resources. Direct the facilitation of student and faculty webinars, presentations and workshops for various learning resource topics, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide vision and leadership for the development of library resources, learning services and policies.
- Develop short and long range plans for the library that support the goals of the university and ensure compliance with all accreditation standards.
- Implements procedures to ensure effective administration of library operations.
- Develop and implement a program of library orientation and information literacy instruction that supports the instructional program and teaches lifelong learning skills.
- Direct the efficiency of the learning service area including, student tutors, available hours and tracking of the success labs.
- Maintain records and statistics on library to meet all regulatory requirements.
- Identify and implement student and faculty outreach based on results of assessment (readiness) and/or inquiry.
- Partner with academic leadership to ensure content selected for library supports the variety of programs of study delivered by the institution.
- Work with Corporate Legal and provide the appropriate training copyright issues and implementation of CEC copyright policies and contracts.
- Effectively utilizes digital tools to communicate with students, peers and community members.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain library services and resources to support student and faculty institutional needs.
- Provide leadership to students and faculty through support and assistance on the utilization of the library facilities.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by faculty and students
- Develop core library collection and lists for new programs.
- Review usage data and evaluate effectiveness of the library resources and services as part of the continuous improvement process.
- Promote and encourage the ethical use of information by faculty and students.
- Coordinate the activities of the Learning Resource Center including assessment, scheduling tutors/student workers, managing operational hours and supervising faculty/mentors as indicated.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the ground campus Librarians and Learning Services staff.
- Communicate with the ground campus librarian to be certain of changing guidelines, legislation, trends and emerging technology affecting library Resources and services.
- Attend training and development meetings as assigned.
- Complete the required Institutional Effectiveness reports.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
This is a remote position
Education and Experience:
- Masters of Library Science (MLS) or Masters of Library & Information Science (MLIS)
Education and Experience:
- Terminal Degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Comprehensive understanding of all academic programs and operations
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and CampusVue
- Ability to treat all issues with objectivity, and neutrality, emphasizing student service
- Strong Listening Skills
- Project Management / Time Management Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to apply and adapt policies and procedures to resolve issues
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Passion for students and education