2.28.17 – Systems Librarian
Innovative Interfaces, Dublin, Ireland
The Systems Librarian provides increased domain expertise for Innovative’s support organization and offers necessary phone and Email support for the broad range of issues reported by our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides extensive telephone and email support for customers using Innovative software on large multi-user UNIX systems.
- Uses UNIX, SQL, and propriety utilities to analyze, troubleshoot, document, and resolve application issues reported by customers.
- Works with customers with varying levels of technical expertise to effectively pursue and resolve issues in an expedient manner.
- Utilizes chat group and other communication methods to isolate answers to complex troubleshooting problems.
- Develops strong working relationships across Support and other departments at Innovative.
- Contributes to the support knowledge base / procedures as necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education, Licenses, and Certifications:
- Master’s degree in library science or any other relevant degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting library patrons or staff.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of Innovative software and a strong desire to gain more expertise across Innovative products.
- Superior attention to detail and commitment to following through until customer issues are fully resolved
- Proven track record of increased expertise, dedication to excellent support and contributions to team-building efforts.
- Proven ability in learning new technology independently and adapting quickly to changing technologies.
- Proven ability in balancing multiple priorities and working effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS OR INFORMATION
- Position may be required to work outside of normal business hours including weekends and company holidays to meet customer and/or business needs.