2.10.17 – Digital Learning Librarian
1Room, Students for International Development, Trujillo, La Libertad, Peru
Sarah P’s comments: They look legit and it is an interesting and worthwhile project, however I could not locate any reviews. Please note the closing date of 2/19/17 – sorry, almost missed this one!
Students for International Development (SID) works to reduce global poverty by engaging university students and young professionals in hands-on, project-based internships in extremely poor communities around the world. Our international volunteer programs support ambitious and independent young leaders who seek a platform for social impact through serious community-level projects.
Make high school accessible to anyone, anywhere by designing a one-room schoolhouse for the 21st Century. 1Room is a pilot-stage initiative to design an ultra low-cost, competency-based high school program that can serve the world’s most marginalized learners. 1Room aims to deliver a complete curriculum with as little as a single classroom and as few as 15 learners, for less than 15% of per capita national income per student. We achieve this through personal learning technology and staffing systems that can work offline and off-grid.
1Room is sponsored by PfID and several other NGO partners in the field. It is a complex initiative with many distinct components that draw upon, and that will build, a range of skill sets: curriculum design, digital content production, operations management, process engineering, monitoring and evaluation design, training and capacity building, partnership development, policy research, marketing, and market research.
For more information on 1Room visit: http:sidcanada.org/projects/ http:www.1roomlearning.com/
Key Responsibilities of position:
- Work with Curriculum Development team to create a user-friendly system for organizing digital- and paper-based learning resources
- Create an organization system for other 1Room material (media, ongoing research, etc.)
- Build capacity of local partner NGOs to develop an organization system for management documents and information
- Liaise with local partner to develop an organization system for overhead documents (i.e. accounting, contracts, etc.)
- Organize student evaluations and feedback session on in-house and third-party content and identify material that needs to be replaced or redone
- Lead creation of a transition documents for organizational processes and develop bi-annual report template
How to Apply:
Interested? Check out our website for position descriptions and application information:
The application deadline is February 19, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m. We admit candidates to our team on a rolling basis, so early applications are at an advantage. Late applicants may be considered if positions are still available. For more information, please contact Kate McCullough at email@example.com.
For details on the volunteer program, including expense contribution and fundraising, visit: http://sidcanada.org/volunteer-program/costs-and-logistics/