1.20.17 – Information Management Officer
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS), Basel, Switzerland
The Bank for International Settlements (BIS) is an international organisation promoting global monetary and financial stability and serves as a bank for central banks. The BIS’s head office is located in Basel, Switzerland, with representative offices in Hong Kong SAR and Mexico City. We recruit globally, regardless of nationality, and offer competitive employment packages.
We are looking for an Information Management Officer to join our Records & Archives team. The selected candidate will share responsibility for centralised records and archives management at the BIS, will support business areas in efficient management of records, using appropriate tools and applying relevant policies, and will promote quality assurance and work process improvements.
- Ensure the timely processing (registration, scanning, distribution, filing) of business correspondence (mail, fax, e-mail) and internal records, in line with applicable policies and using the Bank’s supporting systems.
- Monitor, improve and promote across the Bank records’ quality against agreed standards, including the timely disposal of obsolete records.
- Support the business areas in records management-related matters and, in collaboration with the Information Governance Group, promote Bank-wide guidelines on confidentiality, retention, classification and access permissions.
- Provide user support for the Bank’s various records management related IT tools.
- Maintain the Bank’s paper and electronic files securely and in good order, ensuring that they can be searched and accessed in line with applicable regulations and restrictions.
- Catalogue records managed by the BIS Archive, using the Bank’s cataloguing system.
- Assess the physical condition of records and carry out reconditioning activities; assist with space management and moves.
- Respond to research requests and make arrangements for visitors to consult the BIS
- Archive in accordance with established procedures.
- Foster continuous improvement in the operational practices associated with document and records management.
- Relevant diploma, degree or post-secondary qualification in records management, information management or related fields, or
- Equivalent professional experience in document management or records and archives management with knowledge of relevant international standards
- A hands-on and practical approach
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A sound understanding of information management and office collaboration needs
- Experience in working with and administration of computer applications, including an electronic document management system and automated scanning; knowledge of cataloguing systems is desirable
- Absolute discretion in treating restricted and confidential information
- An excellent team player, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Prepared to work shift hours and occasional overtime if required
- Proficiency in English, with a good knowledge of German. Additional knowledge of another of the BIS’s working languages (French, Italian, Spanish) a plus
- At least three years’ experience in a records or archives management function