11.8.16 – Engagement Manager
Sarah P’s comments: Here is a UK-based company advertising for a US-based person. Therefore, I would assume you will need the right to work in the US but, if interested, I would write and check as they might accept Canadian applicants as well.
Skilled at developing and nurturing client relationships, you’ll be responsible for ongoing engagement and collaboration with our customers post-implementation. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Implementations & Support, and liaising with our sales teams to successfully embed Altmetric tools across all of our clients.
- Build relationships with customers post-implementation to provide training, advice and roll-out support, ensuring relevant stakeholders are engaged
- Run customer training webinars, in-person sessions, workshops and regular refreshers
- Work closely with the Head of Implementations and Support and sales teams to conduct regular consultative check-in calls with customers, providing advice and support to help embed Altmetric tools across the organisation
- Create slide decks, multimedia and print training materials and keep up-to-date
- Develop a thorough understanding of Altmetric products and customer needs
- Collect and develop customer roll-out plans and identify support gaps
- Engage with wider scholarly communications community to ensure training and advice remains relevant and useful
- Work closely with sales teams to develop and nurture existing client relationships
- Report back to the Product Development Manager on real-life usage scenarios
- Provide implementation and onboarding support where required
- Demo or present at conferences where needed
- Adept at building relationships with stakeholders, understanding customer needs and tailoring approach accordingly
- Excellent communications skills to engage with customers, the wider scholarly community, and the team
- Ability to produce and maintain useful training and roll-out materials, ideally with experience using InDesign
- Confident presenting/demoing to large groups of people
- A high level of productivity and good prioritisation skills
- 3-5 years’ work experience in the scholarly publishing and academic sector or scholarly software
- Ideally will have worked in an US academic library or a university environment
- Need to be an excellent communicator using the written and spoken word
- Passionate about scholarly communication, creativity and building new businesses
- Efficient and well-organised, but also pragmatic and flexible
- A “doer” and a team player
- Ability to demonstrate personal credibility and integrity
Altmetric LLP is a UK-based data science company dedicated to producing alternative metrics for research outputs ranging from peer-reviewed journal articles to datasets and software. With a global customer base spanning academic institutions, publishers, government agencies, non-profits, research institutes, and corporations, Altmetric is the gold standard in altmetrics data.
If you’d like to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter describing your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org.