9.6.16 – Specialist in Bibliographic Data Production
ISSN International Centre, Paris, France
The ISSN International Centre (www.issn.org<http://www.issn.org> ; 45 rue de
Turbigo, 75003) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1975,
under a treaty signed between UNESCO and France.
Its main activities are:
– Updating and enhancing the ISSN Register, the standardized and
international database of serial print and online publications,
– Coordinating the activities of the 89 ISSN national centres worldwide which
share bibliographic data with the ISSN International Centre,
– Assigning ISSN and creating descriptive data for international
organisations’ publications and publications produced in countries without
any ISSN national centre,
– Marketing the ISSN Register (portal.issn.org) and related services such as
ROAD Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources (road.issn.org).
The ISSN International Centre is seeking a Specialist (m/f) in Bibliographic
Data Production with a first higher education degree in Library and
Information Science and 3-year experience in a related position.
The appointee will be responsible for:
– Assigning ISSN numbers and producing bibliographic records to
resources (print and online) in the scope of ISO standard 3297-ISSN;
– Managing relationships with publishers and other stakeholders
requesting the services of the ISSN International Centre for the
identification of publications;
– Participating in projects, notably in cooperation with IT
department and/or sales department, to improve the ISSN International
register and develop new services and functionalities;
– Providing expertise, support and training to ISSN users and to
members of the ISSN Network.
He/She may participate in other activities of the Data, Network and Standards
Department, as requested by the Head of Department, notably on
For more information, and to apply, please visit http://www.issn.org/career/ .
Ms Gaëlle BEQUET
ISSN International Centre