10/14/15 – Postgraduate Programs Coordinator
Monash University Malaysia, Bandar Sunway, Malaysia
Sarah P’s comments: Monash University is an old, well-established Australian institution with a good reputation. They also have branches in South Africa and this one in Malaysia which was opened in the mid-1990’s. No reviews but here is some info:
We are seeking an innovative, dynamic and collaborative Postgraduate Programs Coordinator for the Library and Learning Commons Unit at Monash University Malaysia. The Library and Learning Commons has three operational units (Information Resources, Information Services and Research & Learning) with 33 full-time professional librarians and paraprofessional staff.
The Postgraduate Programs Coordinator is responsible for the development and delivery of a range of research skills programs including providing liaison services to support academic staff and postgraduate course work and research students. S/he will also work closely with schools and other Liaison Librarians to provide a comprehensive library service including developing resources, and coordinating the integration and the embedding of information literacy and research skills programs into the research, teaching and learning activities.
For further information see: http://www.jobs-monash.jxt.net.au/professional-jobs/postgraduate-programs-coordinator/784662
Key Selection Criteria:
1. University degree and/or a tertiary qualification in a relevant subject discipline, library science or education; alternatively an equivalent combination of knowledge, training and experience.
2. Postgraduate qualification would be an asset though it is not a requirement, e.g. librarianship, information management, education or educational design.
3. Three or more years relevant work experience, preferably in an academic or research environment.
4. Demonstrated experience in the provision of information services, including the delivery of information literacy and research skills programs, and the development of online resources and tutorials.
5. Knowledge of relevant subject disciplines, including extensive experience searching electronic resources.
6. Interest for and capacity to engage with new technologies in blended learning environments and ability to use and learn relevant software.
7. Strong communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal, particularly to effectively liaise, report and negotiate with a wide range of clients including staff and students.
8. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a complex environment.
9. Sound organisational and time management skills including ability to set priorities, coordinate projects and programs, work independently or as part of a team, and perform well under pressure.
10. Knowledge of trends and issues in higher education, and research and learning services in academic libraries.
Application: Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Sunday, 18th September 2016