7.10.16 – Contract & License Manager (Electronic Publications) / Copyright & Licensing Librarian
Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, Hamburg, Germany
Sarah P’s comments: This position was advertised on ALAJobs so that would indicate they are open to applications from outside the EU for those who speak English and German.
The ZBW aims to enable free and international access for researchers and students to as many electronic documents in economics as possible. In line with this, negotiating and contracting licenses for national provision of electronic media is the key mission of the license management team at the ZBW. We negotiate and curate national and alliance licenses for electronic publications in Germany on behalf of the German Research Foundation within the framework of the funding program “Alliance Licenses”. We also offer national consortia for products in economics in which academic institutions from Germany can participate. Our range of services includes not only negotiating prices and terms of conditions, but also the operative handling of the licenses.
The successful candidate will negotiate and manage digital resource licenses to help enable the nationwide provision of economic literature. S/he will be responsible for developing, managing and analysing license contracts and user agreements to ensure their compliance with established standards, requirements, best practices, and national and international copyright law.
S/he will support the transition of the ZBW from a classical print-oriented library to a digital library with a transregional provision mandate. This includes the planning and implementation of licensing models in collaboration with providers, publishers and cooperation partners of the academic library system.
- University graduate (Master’s degree, Diploma, or equivalent degree), preferably in Business Law, Law, or Library and Information Science (or related subject), possibly with some professional working experience in academic libraries or licensing experience
- Business fluent English and German language skills
- Extensive knowledge of copyright and licensing law and familiarity with contract design are mandatory qualifications
- Familiarity with licensing processes in academic libraries
- Familiarity with the academic publishing world (desired)
- Familiarity in dealing with electronic publications (desired)
- Knowledge of economics is desirable
- The ability to clearly communicate complex issues between parties
- Flexibility, dynamism and the ability to work in a team
- Self-confident manner as well as high organisational, communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel frequently on official business
- Commitment to a learning organisation
- Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic environment where teamwork, transparency, innovation and learning are essential
- The public sector pension plan (through the VBL)
- A workplace in the centre of Hamburg or at the fjord of Kiel
- Equal opportunity and family-friendly policies
Remuneration is based on the public sector pay scale at grade EG 13 TV-L. The contract will be fixed-term initially for a period of two years in accordance with § 14 Abs. 2 Teilzeit- und Befristungsgesetz (TzBfG), with the option of extension. This is a full-time position. Part-time is possible with a minimum of 30 hours per week. The starting date is October 1, 2016.
Are you interested in joining the license management team?
Apply online now (ID-Nr. A1-06). Your application should contain a cover letter, a current CV, complete transcripts of university grades/certificates, as well as employment references. We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact Thorsten Meyer (email@example.com, Tel.: 0049-431-8814-354). Please submit your application with the relevant documents online by July 21, 2016.
We look forward to meeting you!