7.5.16 – Head of Digital Library and Collections
Wenzhou-Kean University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
The Head of Digital Library & Collection Development provides supervision, leadership and coordination of the digital library and collection development activities, including the development and deployment of digital library assets, electronic and print collections, and collections budget administration. Reporting to the Library Director, this position strongly influences how effective the University Library can be in delivering all types of materials to students and faculty. The Library will be largest English Language print and digital academic collection in Zhejiang Province in areas of business, finance, architecture, design, and other academic majors.
The successful candidate will supervise and evaluate staff who are responsible for all facets of digital and print acquisitions. She/he is responsible for training and performance management and appraisals; establishes priorities; and designs and documents procedures and workflows, in keeping with current and changing system-wide policies and procedures for digital and print materials.
- M.L.S. from an accredited library science program.
- Experience or training in digital libraries, managing library collection services with an emphasis on print and electronic resources management, including acquisitions, digital library discovery systems, managing digital and print collections, and vendor relations.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of the electronic publishing environment; negotiating licenses for electronic content; electronic resource management systems.
- Experience with use of integrated library systems.
- Ability to plan, initiate, and implement effective programs, projects and services.
- Work with faculty, staff and students in an English language environment.
- Superior English language competence.
- Experience with Innovative Interfaces™ (iii) integrated library systems.
- Demonstrated facility with digital library applications.
Please submit a CV and contact information for three (3) professional references to: