6.3.16 – Head of Library Department & ICT (K-12)
International School of the Sacred Heart, Tokyo, Japan
Sarah P’s comments: This is a late posting for the school year beginning next fall. Reviews are mixed, I advise reading International School Reviews, but I do not see many postings for Japan and it is an established school.
The International School of the Sacred Heart (ISSH) takes great pride in the quality of its academic program; the cornerstone of which is the belief in nurturing the whole child.
Located in central Tokyo, ISSH was founded in 1908 and belongs to a worldwide network of the Schools of the Sacred Heart.
ISSH is a Catholic school with a co-educational Kindergarten (ages 3-5) program and an all girl’s program from Grade 1 through Grade 12. The school offers an international curriculum with Advanced Placement (AP) courses in Grades 11 & 12 and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) in Kindergarten through Grade 4. ISSH prepares its students for universities in Australia, Canada, Japan, the United Kingdom, the United States, and other countries. Most of our graduates are accepted into colleges and universities of their first choice in various fields around the world. The student body represents approximately 50 nationalities with a teaching staff from over 15 countries. ISSH is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Council of International Schools (CIS).
Minimum Teaching Requirements:
- Support the school’s philosophy and goals
- Three to five years of full-time teaching experience, preferably in a multi-cultural international school setting
- Valid teaching credentials in the subject area for which you are applying
- Preferred Master’s degree
- Good technology skills
- Experience with AP or other external exams (IB, A Level) (preferred)
- Cover letter describing why you want to work at ISSH and how you can contribute to our school and its goals
- Current CV
- Contact information with email address and telephone number for three referees who are familiar with your performance as an educator
- Clear copies of your current teaching credentials
- Official background check required
Who To Contact:
International School of the Sacred Heart
4-3-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-0012 Japan