Job Reference: EP-AGS-SE-2016-31-LD
Publication date: 24/03/2016
Play a key facilitating role at the heart of ALICE, one of the biggest physics experiment in the world. Join the secretariat and provide a seamless service to the many scientists coming from all over the world. Take Part!
Vous souhaiteriez jouer un rôle de facilitateur au coeur de la collaboration ALICE, l’une des plus grandes expériences de physique du monde ?Alors intégrez son secrétariat, et venez fournir un service optimal aux nombreux scientifiques de la collaboration, qui viennent du monde entier.Rejoignez-nous !
Administrative Assistant in the Experimental Physics Department (EP), Administrative and Secretarial Support Group (AGS), Secretariat Support Section (SE).
- Act as first line support concerning the physicists’ queries in contact with relevant services inside and outside CERN.
- Provide administrative and secretarial services associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and events.
- Prepare and follow-up of documentation and correspondence including their publication and circulation.
- Maintain physical and electronic documents, web pages, shared files and records to provide up-to-date information jn collaboration with the Office in charge of the visiting scientists and with the academic and research institutes to which they belong.
- Make sure that CERN’s different rules and procedures are respected and correctly applied in different situations.
- Replace other assistants during their absences, if need be at short notice.
Experience and competencies
- Demonstrated experience as member of a pool of an administrative service or secretariat, preferably in an international environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a front desk role.
- Customer service.
- Secretarial service.
- Archiving and records management: scientific information and document management.
- Use of Office software packages: knowledge of sharepoint software would be an advantage.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively.
- Demonstrating accountability: presenting information accurately and objectively; working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; maintaining confidentiality.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- English or French: spoken and written, with the ability to understand and speak in professional contexts and/or to prepare, draft and/or translate accurate texts. The ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Note on Employment Conditions:We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 2 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.