3.14.16 – Primary Librarian
The British School of Brussels, Belgium
Sarah P’s comments: Sorry, missed this one…The date to apply is by tomorrow, 3.15 @ 4:oo pm (Belgian time) if you are interested!
BSB is an independent, fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Students follow a British-based curriculum up to age 16. Post-16 they have a choice of three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. There is an Early Learning & Development Centre (Kindercrib) for children aged 1-3. BSB has outstanding facilities and an excellent record of academic achievement.
Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. We also offer a vibrant and innovative French – English Bilingual programme for students from Reception to Year 9. At BSB, we aim to create a positive, inclusive environment for our students.
We are at the start of an exciting phase in developing our library provision. We currently have three libraries at the school, two of which are in Primary.
We wish to appoint a dynamic, hard-working and flexible teacher / librarian to ignite passion and fun into the project and lead and manage the libraries.
The ideal person will
- be a qualified teacher with a commitment to creating high quality learning opportunities
- be able to utilise latest technologies creatively to deliver innovative learning experiences for our children
- be energetic and passionate about reading and learning
- have excellent communication skills
- have competent technological skills
- have excellent organisational skills with a keen eye for detail
- be able to prioritise
- be able to work independently using own initiative and direct other staff effectively
Previous experience of working in a library or Primary School is essential. The ability to converse in French or Dutch is also advantageous.
In return, we offer:
- a learning focused environment with a team of dedicated, well qualified, committed professionals
- enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- outstanding facilities and resources
- excellent professional development opportunities
- a full-time, permanent contract
- an attractive salary (BSB Learning and Teaching scale – Band 4) and extra-legal benefits
Our school is an exciting and vibrant place to be, and we welcome applications from passionate, driven people who would like to join our community and help us to achieve our goals.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 15 March 2016 at 16.00 (Belgian time).
Long listed candidates will be contacted by Skype on Friday 8 April 2016.
Short listed candidates will be invited to interview at the school on Thursday 21 April 2016
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by the end of March, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To apply, follow the instructions on www.britishschool.be (Job opportunities)
The British School of Brussels
Pater Dupierreuxlaan 1
Tel: + 32 2 766 04 30
Fax: + 32 2 767 80 70