1/14/16 – Assistant Professor
Department of Library, Archive and Information Studies, College of Social Sciences, Pusan National University, South Korea
Sarah P’s comments: It is rare to see a college level posting in this country.
The Department of Library, Archive and Information Studies at Pusan National University invites applications for one full-time tenure track position. The date of the appointment, at assistant professor level, will be September 1, 2016. Salary will depend on countable years of qualified work experience, both academic and non-academic. A Five-year Housing stipend is provided for the resettlement. The professor will join and be covered by the National Health Insurance Plan of the Republic of Korea and the Government Employees Pension Plan.
The Department is currently offering a bachelor’s program in Library and Information Science and three graduate programs in i) Library and Information Science, ii) Archival Science, iii) Teacher-librarian Education.
Successful applicants will be expected to teach in English at all levels, including courses in the department’s bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs; experience with teaching information technology and its application preferred. All faculty members are expected to advise students and to serve on department, college, and university committees.
- Applicants must be of non-Korean nationality, native or native-level English speakers.
- Applicants for this position must hold a doctorate degree by the date of appointment in library and information science or information science, and
- Applicants should possess more than five years of teaching or research experiences in information related areas. (Two years of masters and three years of doctoral coursework are the minimum acceptable levels to fulfill the research requirement.)
How To Apply
- Applicants are required to submit the application materials via email, which includes i) a cover letter stating the candidate’s qualifications for the position and projected research agenda; ii) a current curriculum vitae; iii) a teaching portfolio of no more than 5 pages, including a statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of potential for teaching effectiveness, and iv) contact information (email address and phone number).
- The closing date for all applications is February 29, 2016.
- Online-interviews can take place with prior notice, in March 2016.
- Applications should be addressed to Professor Moon-Won Seol, chairman of the department, and documents should be sent as separate files (in PDF or Word format) via email to: July75@pnu.edu
If you have any questions, please write Jeong Myoung Park, department assistant at July75@pnu.edu