12/28/15 – High School (Grades 7 – 12) Librarian
Queen’s College, Nassau, Bahamas
Sarah P’s comments: The Bahamas is one of those places that sounds like paradise but where the reality is somewhat different. Both school and college reviews state both a high cost of living and crime rate. Pluses are nice people, a balmy climate, and good beaches. It could be a good place to go to break into the international market. Read the reviews on International Schools Review before applying.
- Is the oldest private school in The Bahamas
- Ensures a seamless continuity of education and a strong sense of community
- Offers a rich curriculum
- Is staffed by a talented and dedicated teaching staff
- Is a place where excellence is respected and pursued, where teaching and learning are innovative and where caring for others is intrinsic
- Offers a competitive benefits package, including gratuity, pension, health insurance, discount on children’s tuition.
Queen’s College was established in Nassau in 1890 by The Methodist Church and is a member of The International Association of Methodist Schools, Colleges and Universities (IAMSCU).
CRITERIA FOR EMPLOYMENT
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university confirmed by a certified copy of certificate
- A post graduate certificate in education or a teaching certificate confirmed by a certified copy of certificate
- Willingness to support the school’s Accelerated Programme, including teaching advanced courses such as Advanced Placement. Experience in teaching advanced courses is preferred
- Two professional references
- Willingness to support after school activities.
Successful applicants will be expected to make a commitment to work in harmony with Christian principles and to support the emphases of the Bahamas Conference of The Methodist Church of which the school is a part.
Application forms are available from the Human Resources Office at the school or may be downloaded from our website at www.qchenceforth.com
The completed application, together with a covering letter, verification of qualifications, a statement of educational philosophy and a recent photograph must be sent to:
The Principal Queen’s College P.O. Box N7127 Nassau, Bahamas, or faxed to: 242-393-3248, or emailed to email@example.com so as to arrive on or before January 8, 2016. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted by telephone, fax or e-mail for an interview. Candidates may be asked to provide a video sample of their classroom teaching. Due to the high volume of interest, incomplete applications will not be considered.