12/27/15 – Academic Librarian
Monash University, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Sarah P’s comments: Monash U. is a branch of this Australian University with eight campuses: six in Australia, one in Malaysia, one in South Africa, and a centre in Prato, Italy. They last posted an academic librarian job in 11/14 for a different campus. FYI: the ad says ‘search extended’ however I did not see it advertised earlier.(?)
We are seeking suitably qualified candidates for the position of Academic Librarian in the Johor Bahru Clinical School, Monash University Malaysia. The Monash Library and Learning Commons has three operational units (Information Resources, Information Services and Academic Liaisons) with 29 full-time professional and paraprofessional staff. The Johor Bahru Clinical School Library provides services to the third, fourth and fifth year medical students and academic staff.
Academic Librarians are responsible for providing a comprehensive information service, developing library collections to meet the needs of the staff and students, and collaboratively designing and implementing integrated and embedded information literacy and research skills programs. The successful candidate will serve as a liaison between the School, medical students and academics to ensure that the library’s resources are relevant and used effectively to support teaching and research.
For further information see: http://www.jobs-monash.jxt.net.au/professional-jobs/academic-librarian/523689
Key Selection Criteria:
- University degree and/or a tertiary qualification in a relevant subject discipline and/or librarianship; alternatively an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and experience.
2. Minimum of three years of relevant library and/or teaching experience in academic setting, with supervisory and/or coordination responsibilities.
3. Demonstrated experience in the provision of information services, including the delivery of information literacy and research skills programs, and the development of online tutorials or subject guides.
4. Ability to train students in the use of online databases using advanced search techniques.
5. Demonstrated knowledge of relevant subject disciplines including advanced skills in resource discovery and ability to train students in the use of online databases.
6. Proven capacity to effectively liaise and negotiate with a range of clients including staff and students.
7. Excellent communication skills including the ability to produce professional documentation for various audiences.
8. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a culturally-diverse team.
9. Sound organisational and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and perform well under pressure within a complex and changing environment.
10. Postgraduate qualification in librarianship or in a relevant to subject discipline is preferred.
11. Capacity and interest to engage with new technologies in blended learning environments.
12. Knowledge of trends and issues in learning, and information services in academic libraries.
This is a fixed-term appointment for five years. Subject to performance and other criteria, a further term may be negotiable.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: Friday, 15th, January 2016.