11/10/15 – Head of Libraries
British School of Jakarta, Indonesia
Sarah P’s comments: Well-established with a solid reputation. I would however read all the reviews on International School Reviews so you have a complete picture before applying. Also, life in Jakarta is not for everyone.
- General duties and responsibilities include but are not exclusive to;
- Create a dynamic mission and vision for the libraries and digital resources at BSJ
- Develop a vertically articulated library skills curriculum to meet the needs of learners
- going forward
- Develop and lead the plan to reimagine BSJ libraries into state of the art
- media/learning centres
- Create a series of activities/programmes that promote library skills, literacy, and enhance student learning across the school
- Lead and manage all BSJ libraries
- Lead staff in day-to-day operations
- Organize internal/external CPD for library
- Manage the library collection and online resource management system
- Integrate the library and research centre into both the primary and secondary sections
- of the school
- Lead the delivery of quality instruction on library skills, research skills and bibliography lessons.
- Collaborate with teachers’ in the construction of an outstanding library curriculum
- Lead and organise CPD activities teachers to fully utilize all available resources.
- Manage the library budgets to ensure the school’s aims are met
- Actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, Safeguarding policies and Child Protection procedures within the school.
- In liaison with your Line Manager, take responsibility for upholding Health and Safety practise within your own working area and be responsible for completing risk