10/7/15 – Global Connections
Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
Sarah P’s comments: This is a new program for non-US national and regional library professionals in management. Again the largest issue will probably be cost. Here is a list of possible financial aid resources which the Center recommends.
October 9-19, 2016
Global Connections, a ten-day program, is designed for management professionals to engage and learn about innovative practices and services in areas such as:
- International collaboration and research networks
- Sharing expertise and cross-training
- High-level management issues and practices to address opportunities and challenges faced by libraries
- Global trends in information policy
- Professional networking with managers from prominent U.S. institutions: Library of Congress, OCLC, national libraries, state library associations, selected prominent universities, and subject specialists
- Digital and print collections
- Leadership and management communication
- Institutional advocacy
Applicants must secure adequate funding to support a stay at the Mortenson Center in order to be accepted into the program.The application must be submitted in English along with supporting documentation in order to be considered.
This program is delivered in English only. Participants should be fluent in conversational English and possess a reading knowledge of English.
The program cost of $3000 covers housing, some meals, local transportation, cultural and professional trips, and medical insurance. Participants are responsible for their airfare, in-country visa fees, and per diem. Upon acceptance, the applicants must provide a $500 non-refundable deposit to hold their place in the program. The deposit will be deducted from required program fees.
Applications for the program are due on March 15, 2016