Sarah P’s comments: For librarians who speak French and English here is a short-term opportunity in Europe, a rare find.
As the Business School for the World, INSEAD brings together people, cultures and ideas from around the world to change lives and transform organizations. The unique global perspective and multicultural diversity of INSEAD are reflected in all aspects of its research and teaching.
We are currently accepting applications for a Research and Instruction Librarian role in the Faculty & Research department (temporary full time contract of 6 months, starting as soon as possible).
Reporting to the Head librarian, the Research and Instruction Librarian assists Library patrons in accessing and using the specialised resources. He/she performs searches (such as targeted literature reviews) for faculty on request and provides accurate and updated data on research impact. To this end, he/she keeps abreast of evolutions in the scholarly landscape.
The candidate will work regular shifts and one evening per week at the information desk and will fill the majority of requests for library instruction.
The ideal candidate should have the following profile:
- Master’s degree in Information or Library Science
- Two to three years of experience in a similar position
- Searching skills for bibliographic and financial databases
- Excellent written and oral skills (both in English and in French)
- Knowledge of web page editing
- Familiarity with new technologies
- Knowledge in the areas of business & management
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Analytical and organisation skills
- Team player
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a cover letter in English by email to email@example.com by August 16th 2015.