7/21/15 – Archivist
West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, Hong Kong
The West Kowloon Cultural District Authority welcomes exceptional talent with a passion to realise the vision and mission of making the West Kowloon Cultural District a prime local and international destination for arts, culture and entertainment.
|You are responsible for:• developing and documenting techniques, procedures and policies for acquiring both paper based and digital archives;
• establishing a set of best practices for archives held and acquired by M+, manage cataloguing according to Museum and Archive professional standards;
• supporting and encouraging the use of archival resources for research, exhibitions and other museum programmes;
• advising curatorial staff of the functional requirements for acquiring, preserving and accessioning archives; and
• advising and contributing to the planning of physical spaces for archival functions for both storage and accessibility as part of the museum building project.
|You should:1) possess a recognised university degree in archives, records management, library, information sciences or equivalent;
2) have at least 5 years of experience in an archival repository including experience with born-digital archival material, preferably within a museum/cultural institution environment;
3) have knowledge of architecture and design and their archival practices is preferred;
4) have strong command of archival theory and best international practices and knowledge of archival descriptive standards;
5) have excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with initiative and flexibility;
6) be able to work independently as well as collaboratively and to meet planned goals and deadlines; and
7) be proficient in written and spoken English, and preferably Chinese.