3/20/15 – Member Support Services (Virtual)
ORCID (USA) Worldwide
Sarah P’s comments: This USA-based non-profit is seeking candidates who “live in and can legally work in one of the four regions in which they are hiring: 1) United States, 2) Central/South America, 3) Southeast Asia, and 4) Europe/Middle East/Africa.” No reviews but here is a Wikipedia link. Very interesting sounding opportunity if you have the required skill set.
ORCID is seeking experienced and enthusiastic professionals for new Regional Member Support Services positions. If you like the excitement of a start-up and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us in building our regional engagement programs.
ORCID (http://orcid.org) is a non-profit organization that serves the research community, with an international and interdisciplinary scope. Our core mission is to solve the name ambiguity problem in scholarly communications. We address this mission by maintaining a persistent registry of unique identifiers, providing tools and training to the community for integrating these identifiers into research workflows, and by building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are seeking Regional Member Support Services team members based in four regions, US, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia/Pacific, and Latin America, to build and support our current and prospective members and users regionally through technical and non-technical member support, training, and engagement with end users. Member support personnel report to the Director of Technology and are coordinated by the Senior Member Support Services team member. In some tasks they will coordinate activities with the Membership Team. ORCID has a virtual office and all staff members work from home.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 5th. In your letter please mention your favorite metadata schema.
Member Solutions– Support the Membership Team to drive ORCID use and increase membership, providing the “technical lens.”
- Understand diverse goals and challenges of current and prospective members and map them to ORCID’s solution set
- Solicit business requirements from prospective members to understand and present how ORCID tools are a solution for connecting data and disambiguating researchers.
- Design innovative solutions to address challenges through ORCID offerings, and present them to current and prospective members
Education & Training – Collaborate with Membership Team to provide technical coaching, consultation and training on the use and benefits of ORCID to current & prospective members, end users, and Ambassadors.
- Participate in meetings with prospective members, particularly to explain technical features and implementation
- Develop & provide webinar and in-person programs about ORCID to API & end users to excite/encourage membership and use of ORCID tools
- Build and evangelize use cases, best practices and examples for member integrations and communications; contribute to the library of resources for members
- Nurture and develop local ORCID technical community through coding events, meetups and participation in regional outreach events
Technical & Communications Support Services – Ensure quality member integrations & communications that help contribute to implementation success and ORCID societal benefits.
- Provide personalized webinars, email support, calls and occasional in-person coaching to support technical integrations by members
- Troubleshoot & support users on technical questions about the user interface and API
- Contribute to the very responsive Member Support Services team help desk: end user email help, and Member Support “office hours”
- Perform user acceptance testing for member integrations
- Identify and execute additional projects to improve members support
Member & end user “Voice” – Contribute to the continuous improvement of ORCID tools by sharing feedback from current & prospective members and end users.
- Identify challenges experienced by users, particularly in the region you support, and suggest improvements to the engineering team; follow up with users about solutions.
- Process suggestions, bugs, disputes and other website and API use information to ensure we are constantly improving the user experience.
- Advocate for users and engage in an array of activities that drive user experience improvements.
- Identify and execute additional projects to improve member and user experience
- You can take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely and accurately
- You are persuasive, self-starting, and skilled at solving problems
- You are tech-savvy, can quickly master our internal and external tools, and deeply understand our membership program and support model.
- You have work experience with APIs, XML, and scholarly communications
- Your exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic help you prioritize effectively and get things done in a dynamic, unstructured environment.
- You have 2+ years experience extracting actionable recommendations from feedback and data, and communicating it to stakeholders.
- You have 2+ years experience teaching others about new technology and persuading them to adopt it, ideally through building and presenting prototype solutions.
- You have experience providing support and training in person and via email.
- You are fluent in English and other languages relevant in your region.
- You live in and can legally work in one of the four regions in which we are hiring: 1) United States, 2) Central/South America, 3) Southeast Asia, and 4) Europe/Middle East/Africa
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Work from where you want to within your region
- Occasional travel within your region and worldwide to ORCID outreach meetings
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop/workstation
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants