1/22/15 – Campus Librarian
Sarah P’s comments: I do not personally know anywhere who has been employed here but here the Glassdoor reviews which are generally positive. FYI: They also advertised for a campus librarian last October however I do not know if this is a repeat or another position.
Campus Librarian, St. Augustine Campus Libraries
Applications are invited for the post of Campus Librarian, St. Augustine Campus Libraries. The successful candidate will be responsible for the leadership and direction of the Main Library and the Medical Sciences Libraries and will have a coordinating oversight for all libraries on the Campus. He/she will report to the Campus Principal and will be expected to work closely with the Campus Administration, Deans, Faculty as well as fellow Campus Librarians in support of the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Postgraduate degree in Library and/or Information Science
- Doctorate in either Library/Information Science or another discipline will be an asset
- Candidates should have substantial managerial and administrative experience (at least 7 years) in positions of increasing responsibility in a university or research library
- Distinguished record of contribution and service to the profession locally and internationally
- A strong record of distinguished publications (e.g. scholarly annotated bibliographies, outstanding contribution to the knowledge of the field based on original research as evidenced by books, chapters in books, articles in refereed professional journals, etc.).
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
- A clear understanding of both information technology and information literacy and their changing roles in higher education
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to the many facets of academic life
- Commitment to the recruitment and development of a team which is skilled and highly motivated to remain relevant in this age of evolving technologies
- Experience with grant writing and spatial planning
- Ability to provide visionary and innovative leadership
- Excellent skills in budgeting, communication, interpersonal relations, management and strategic planning
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and implement innovative strategies to enhance services.
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties on October 1, 2015.Detailed applications giving i) full particulars of qualifications and experience, date of birth, marital status and nationality; and ii) the names, titles, mailing and e-mail addresses, fax and telephone numbers of three (3) referees should be sent as soon as possible to the University Registrar, Office of Administration, The Regional Headquarters, The University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica W.I.; Fax: 876-977-1422 or e-mail email@example.com
Further particulars of the post may be obtained from the Office of Administration or by visiting the web page: www.uwi.edu.
Closing date for the receipt of applications – February 28, 2015.
|Postal Address:||C. William Iton
Office of Administration
The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus
Kingston 7 WI
|Online App. Form:||http://www.uwi.edu/jobs|