10/21/14 – Director of Library
Lincoln University,Christchurch, New Zealand
Lincoln University is New Zealand’s specialist land-based University, globally ranked, and delivering research, training and graduates to the dominant and growing sectors of the New Zealand economy. Library, Teaching and Learning at Lincoln University provides highly integrated library, learning and research services in a modern learning environment.
We now seek to appoint an experienced University Librarian and Director to take up a key leadership role during one the most exciting chapters in Lincoln University’s long history. As the University Librarian and Director of Library, Teaching & Learning, your role will be responsible for the development and delivery of library, teaching and learning services to support the Learning and Teaching, Research and Whenua Strategies of the University.
You will play a key role in developing and refreshing these strategies and other strategic initiatives for the University including giving effect to its open access position. As the Lincoln Hub develops, this role will be expected to work across organisational boundaries to develop cohesive and innovative models of collaboration.
With a highly experienced Library, Teaching and Learning team in place, you will be immediately working with a team ready to be further developed and empowered. You will have significant leadership experience at this level, enjoy driving change and organisational development to improve internal performance, not just within your team, but within and across the wider organisation in the rapidly changing environment.
We are very interested in hearing from applicants who:
- Bring a track record of leadership and development of academic libraries;
- Are pro-active, enthusiastic, and can demonstrate the ability to lead in a changing environment;
- Have recent, demonstrable library and educational experience;
- Have experience in managing a range of complex and interesting professional relationships both internally and externally, e.g. tertiary institutions, research sector, industry.
In return, you will receive:
- The ability to lead a high performing team in the development of the University Library and its learning and teaching services;
- The opportunity to work as part of the Executive Leadership Team within a role and organisation that offers a real platform to add value not just to the organisation, and a key sector of the economy, but also to your career;
- Excellent working environment, within a proud and focused organisation;
- Commencement of the position in March 2015;
- An attractive benefits package including a generous holiday entitlement.
For an informal and confidential discussion, please email Sheelagh Matear (Assistant Vice Chancellor Academic Programmes & Student Experience) email@example.com.
How to apply: Further information, including a full job description and person specification, is available through our website www.lincoln.ac.nz. All applications must include a completed application form, covering letter and CV.
Applications close on Wednesday 12 November 2014 at 4.00pm.
Sarah P’s comments: It is unusual to see an advert for a position in either New Zealand or Australia simply because they have plenty of qualified librarians. Reading about the college I wonder whether they are try to create a more global faculty. Either way it’s a rare opportunity in a beautiful location as long as you take plenty of sunscreen to counteract the ozone hole problem.