10/23/14 – Deputy Campus Librarian
The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science with at least seven (7) years of managerial and administrative experience in positions of increasing responsibility in a university or research library.
Knowledge of/experience in:
- Strategic planning, financial management and human resource management
- Integrated library systems, information literacy and digital initiatives
- Developing a quality management system
- Expansion/renovation projects and in the marketing and promotion of information services
- Overseeing daily operations and administration of the Alma Jordan Library
- Assisting/Collaborating with the Campus Librarian on the following:
- Overall management, planning and decision-making of the Campus Libraries
- Coordinating the Campus Libraries’ network
- Preparing and monitoring of the Campus Libraries’ budget
- Development and Maintenance of library facilities
The Campus Libraries places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential. Candidates must also possess:
- demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- excellent skills in budgeting, management and planning
- a good record of contribution and service to the profession
- understanding of both information technology and information literacy and their changing roles in higher education
- understanding of and commitment to the many facets of academic life.
Detailed application (two copies) and full curriculum vitae should be sent to the University Registrar, Office of Administration, The University of the West Indies, Regional Headquarters, Mona, Jamaica, W.I., Fax No. 1-876-977-1422; e-mail: email@example.com. Three (3) referees (one of whom should be from your present organization) must be indicated. Application forms can be obtained at http://www.uwi.edu/hrd, Job opportunities section. Further particulars including remuneration package can be obtained at the above address. In order to expedite the appointment procedures, applicants are advised to ask their referees to send their references under CONFIDENTIAL cover DIRECTLY to the University Registrar at the above address without waiting to be contacted by the University.
Deadline for application: 2014 December 11
Sarah P’s comments: I do not personally know anywhere who has been employed here but here the Glassdoor reviews which are generally positive.