9/29/14 – College Librarian / Associate Director
Yale NUS College, Singapore
The College Librarian / Associate Director, Educational Resources & Technology, reporting to the Director, Educational Resources & Technology will works closely with the College faculty to explore the curricular, pedagogical and technological innovations possible when introducing the best qualities of a traditional liberal arts education, supported by the active participation of two dynamic universities and a campus designed from the outset to support these efforts.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Library Science from an accredited program
- At least 10 years of experience in Library Administration
- Evidence of successful management and leadership within a College or University library
- Demonstrated ability to lead new initiatives consonant with the liberal arts learning environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in budget management, ability to lead, evaluate and supervise staff
- Evidence of leadership in collaborative activities
- Knowledge of emerging trends and issues in College and University libraries and related instructional/information technologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of technological applications and trends in College and University libraries, preferably experience in devising and implementing innovative library services
- Experience in project planning and management
- Demonstrated record of a commitment to professional development
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sarah P’s comments: This is the second position at NUS to be listed this year (see my post 3/10/14 – Senior Librarian) which would imply a growing department however they are asking for some impressive qualifications.